"What's etms approach to virtual events?"
With maintaining viewer attention being a major challenge of virtual events, it's important to keep it engaging for everyone viewing it. We have adapted our style to better suit this new world of media and maintain viewers for the duration of the event.
One of the main challenges for virtual events has been how to keep viewer attention.
Research into this has showed a couple of facts that probably were un-surprising to many of us:
- The average virtual attendee only watches 68% of a virtual segment that is 20 minutes or longer.
- Only 61% of attendees watch an hour-long segment for the entire time
However we’ve seen average dwell time of more than 3 hours for some of our events, so we are often asked "what is etm’s approach to virtual events?
Our style would be best described as Event TV meets Live Conference. We have redefined the events we are producing, for a new world and a new media.
Sure, there are similarities with Live events, but the bottom line is that we’ve had to adapt our productions to suit audiences who are interacting with us on the small screen. And that’s significantly different!!
So, what has this meant? A recognition that if we want to keep viewer attention we need to:
- Educate and entertain, a blending of business and social activities
- Write scripts with shorter, punchier scenes and content that’s continually moving
- Coach speakers to perform effectively
- Use a variety of show formats and styles to tell a story
- Combine a TV studio show with on-site filming, pre-recorded and live presentations
- Include interactive and engaging elements throughout the event
If you are looking for a more engaging virtual event, we’d be delighted to chat with you and share our experience.